Sunday, February 26, 2012

Burton and Blackpool

After an easy 12 mile run yesterday, I went down to Parkgate where the immature Spoonbill was showing quite well but a bit distant for decent photographs. So I headed to Burton Mere Wetlands where the White-fronted geese where hiding behind some distant vegetation and there was no sign of any Bewick's Swans. So I set my camera up near the feeding station and took some shots of woodland birds. Also saw my first Spotted Redshank for the year.
Drove to Blackpool today to take part in the Great North West half marathon. Wasn't too sure I'd be able to run after aggravating a muscle pull at circuit training last Monday. But I shouldn't have worried as I managed to complete the course in 1 hour 21 minutes. That's my second personal best in two weeks. Rewarded myself with a few beers while watching the football this evening.

The lichen on the branch nicely highlights the yellow of this
Blue Tit.

There was lots of activity among the
Chaffinches. This male is not quite in
breeding plumage yet, but they are already
starting to sing.

I don't normally photograph birds on
feeders but I couldn't resist a shot of this
Long-tailed Tit.


One of our commonest breeding birds, the Wren behaves more
like a small mammal than a bird.


No comments:

Post a Comment