Sunday, January 1, 2012

Marathon Training

It is exactly 16 weeks until the London Marathon so now is the time to plan my training and start doing a few more miles each week. I never take my training seriously enough, but as long as I can run under 3 hours and 15 minutes in April I will be happy. The main aim of my training, apart from the obvious of being able to run 26 miles, is to try and stay free from injury and illness. Here's hoping!
Ran 12 miles along the coast this morning, torrential rain early on, but soon dried off in the strong wind!
Managed 7 minute/mile pace which was okay.
Started my British bird year list at the same time. I keep a list of all the birds I see in Britain during the year. I don't go chasing big totals but it's a nice record of what I've seen each year. Saw usual gulls and shorebirds on my run including some flocks of Redshank and Lapwing. Avian highlight of the day was a good view of a Short-eared Owl flushing a Snipe on Burton Marsh.

Redshank (photographed in Southport a few years ago)

No comments:

Post a Comment