Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

May I take this opportunity to wish everyone a very happy and wildlife-filled New Year.

Reflecting back on 2011 there were so many highlights, here are just a few.
This was one of a number of Bottlenosed Dolphins that I saw in New Quay,
Wales in the summer. Sitting on the harbour wall watching them throw fish
 around was simply stunning.


This superb male Citrine Wagtail was in Norfolk for just a day in April. I
just happend to be staying a few miles away when this bird was found. It's
only the second one I've ever seen but the first one I've photographed.

This is the awesome Crib Goch ridge in Snowdonia.
I only walked to the summit of Snowdon for the first
time this year. I returned in September to walk the
classic Snowdon Horseshoe. What a beautiful place.

Not the most exciting photo in the world, but hey, it's a Blue Whale, the
largest animal ever to have existed! This was the overwhelming
highlight of a ferry trip across the Bay of Biscay in August. I'm still buzzing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment