Friday, June 8, 2012

Seaforth

It's been a good few years since I've visited Seaforth Nature Reserve on the outskirts of Liverpool. I had many good days' birding there in the late eighties and nineties but never got around to applying for the (now required) permit until recently. The overall size of the land given over to wildlife around the pools has been much reduced but the birds seen on and around the water are still superb.
I was lucky enough to time my visit at the end of May to coincide with the appearance of two Roseate Terns and a Black Tern, all beautiful birds. I'll make sure that I don't leave it so long until my next visit.


Black Tern hawking over the pools at Seaforth

Black Tern, a beautiful bird.

Common Tern posing on a rock outside the hide.

Common Coot doing what they do best, chasing another Coot!


No comments:

Post a Comment